Transforming organisational planning and management through the delivery of sustainable optimised solutions.
EventMAP are specialists in the development, delivery, and implementation of leading-edge technologies within the areas of scheduling, optimisation and automation. EventMAP are looking for Intern Engineers to join our development team, building optimisation and scheduling platforms based on modern techniques and research. EventMAP work across a range of sectors including Education, Health, Government and Media.
As part of a developing, dynamic, and vibrant development team, you will have the opportunity to engage with all levels within EventMAP and within our growing customer base. We are committed to identifying, fostering, and promoting talent within a flexible working setting, allowing individuals to excel and deliver against their own aspirations.
As an Intern Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop software services and features
- Participate in, contribute to and continuously improve Agile software development processes
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers
- Take ownership of development areas, producing high quality code and tests
- Research, assess and adopt new technologies as required
- Perform unit, integration, and automated testing before release
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Follow best practices for information security, scalability, and general software system design
Skills & requirements
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience working as part of a team to design and implement web applications
- Test Driven Development (TDD) experience
- Exposure developing applications and APIs using C# or Java
- Experience working with Git and related source control management tools
What’s in the EventMAP package?
- An excellent package of salary and benefits, depending on your experience and skill-set
- A focused (but relaxed) working environment that’ll keep you at the top of your game
- 28 days holiday + 5 statutory days
- Hybrid working (remote and office based on desire and need)