Transforming organisational planning and management through the delivery of sustainable optimised solutions.
EventMAP are specialists in the development, delivery and implementation of leading-edge technologies within the areas of scheduling, optimisation and automation. EventMAP are looking for Software Engineers to join our development team, building optimisation and scheduling platforms based on modern techniques and research. EventMAP work across a range of sectors including Education, Health, Government and Media.
As part of a developing, dynamic and vibrant development team, you will have the opportunity to engage with all levels within EventMAP and within our growing customer base. We are committed to identifying, fostering and promoting talent within a flexible working setting, allowing individuals to excel and deliver against their own aspirations.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop software services and features, leading and coaching other team members
- Participate in, contribute to and continuously improve Agile software development processes
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers
- Take ownership of development areas, producing high quality code and tests
- Research, assess and adopt new technologies as required
- Perform unit, integration and automated testing before release
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Follow best practices for information security, scalability, and general software system design
- Consult with the client over project direction and advise and feed into all aspects of the software lifecycle
Skills & requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Python / Java / C# or any OOP
- Experience with front end JS frameworks (React, Vue)
- Experience working as part of a team to design and implement web applications
- Test Driven Development (TDD) experience
- Experience developing applications and API’s using C# or Java
- Experience working with Git and related source control management tools
- Spring framework (Java) or .NET
- Cloud computing (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Linux (bash scripting)
What’s in the EventMAP package?
- An excellent package of salary and benefits, depending on your experience and skill-set
- A focused (but relaxed) working environment that’ll keep you at the top of your game
- 28 days holiday + 5 statutory days
- Company pension
- Hybrid working (remote and office based on desire and need)